Los Angeles News
Gang-related shooting in Compton kills 1, injures 2
COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities are investigating what they are calling a gang-related shooting in Compton that left one person dead and two others in the hospital Monday.
The shooting happened in the 400 block of West Magnolia Street around 1:30 a.m. in an alleyway behind an apartment building where a group of young men gathered to socialize. A man then walked up and opened fire on the group, hitting three people.
One person was declared dead at the scene and two others were rushed to the hospital.
Lt. John Corina with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office says a hunt is underway for the lone gunman, who reportedly fled on foot.
Deputies say there were several witnesses present at the time of the shooting. They will be interviewed as part of the investigation.
There is no suspect description at this time. The victims have not been identified.
shooting, gang activity, los angeles news, q mccray
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk 44 min ago
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- 4 local brothers are all members of LAPD 43 min ago
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked
- Oscar Isaac can relate to 'Llewyn Davis'
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate