Los Angeles News
USC, UCLA tie on best colleges list
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- It's a tie between local rivals USC and UCLA when it comes to academics. Both schools are No. 24 on a list of the best universities in the country.
U.S. News & World Report ranked schools based on several factors, including fall 2011 acceptance rate, freshman retention rate and graduation numbers.
Harvard University and Princeton tied in first place for the second year in a row, followed by Yale. Caltech tied with Dartmouth in 10th place.
Other Southern California schools listed among the top performers were UC San Diego in 38th place, UC Santa Barbara in 41st place, and UC Irvine in 44th place.
Loyola Marymount University was listed a "best value" school and it moved up to No. 3 in regional universities.
City News Service contributed to this report.
usc, ucla, los angeles news
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2 7 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Missing flight's last words were routine
- Torrance attempted burglary suspect sought 1 min ago
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer won't seek third term
- Ukraine accuses Russia of military buildup
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Fitbit Force recalled over allergic reactions
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons