Los Angeles News
Fired El Monte lifeguards to make appeal to City Council
EL MONTE, Calif. (KABC) -- A group of El Monte lifeguards fired for spoofing a popular music video are planning to take their fight to the City Council.
The group got in trouble for its version of a the song, "Gangnam Style," by Korean pop singer PSY. The young lifeguards thought it would be a fun way to remember the summer, but city officials weren't amused and fired them.
The group plans to make a direct appeal to the City Council next week, in the hopes of getting their jobs back.
At least one council member favors the idea. The lifeguards also started a Facebook page, which has already generated more than 12,000 "likes."
los angeles news
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Lancaster woman found dead; sons questioned 36 min ago
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend 6 min ago
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Judge strikes down Utah's same-sex marriage ban
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Casey Kasem conservatorship deal reached
- 9-yr-old FL girl is youngest to bowl 300 game
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future