Los Angeles News
Fired El Monte lifeguards to make appeal to City Council
EL MONTE, Calif. (KABC) -- A group of El Monte lifeguards fired for spoofing a popular music video are planning to take their fight to the City Council.
The group got in trouble for its version of a the song, "Gangnam Style," by Korean pop singer PSY. The young lifeguards thought it would be a fun way to remember the summer, but city officials weren't amused and fired them.
The group plans to make a direct appeal to the City Council next week, in the hopes of getting their jobs back.
At least one council member favors the idea. The lifeguards also started a Facebook page, which has already generated more than 12,000 "likes."
los angeles news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster
- 15-yr-old arrested after assaulting IE senior
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- Telescope detects Earth-like planet
6 min ago