Los Angeles News
Fired El Monte lifeguards to make appeal to City Council
EL MONTE, Calif. (KABC) -- A group of El Monte lifeguards fired for spoofing a popular music video are planning to take their fight to the City Council.
The group got in trouble for its version of a the song, "Gangnam Style," by Korean pop singer PSY. The young lifeguards thought it would be a fun way to remember the summer, but city officials weren't amused and fired them.
The group plans to make a direct appeal to the City Council next week, in the hopes of getting their jobs back.
At least one council member favors the idea. The lifeguards also started a Facebook page, which has already generated more than 12,000 "likes."
los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months