Los Angeles News
Fired El Monte lifeguards to make appeal to City Council
EL MONTE, Calif. (KABC) -- A group of El Monte lifeguards fired for spoofing a popular music video are planning to take their fight to the City Council.
The group got in trouble for its version of a the song, "Gangnam Style," by Korean pop singer PSY. The young lifeguards thought it would be a fun way to remember the summer, but city officials weren't amused and fired them.
The group plans to make a direct appeal to the City Council next week, in the hopes of getting their jobs back.
At least one council member favors the idea. The lifeguards also started a Facebook page, which has already generated more than 12,000 "likes."
los angeles news
- TWA Flight 800 documentary hints at cover-up
- West Hills murder suspect to appear in court
- Metro Red, Purple lines now requires TAP card
- Journalist Michael Hastings dies in LA crash
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Inland Empire
- Woman sought in Santa Ana Chase Bank robbery
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- Fed says it will maintain bond purchase pace
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Natura recalls pet food after salmonella test
- Paris, Prince Jackson refute chef's testimony
- James Franco seeks $500K to bankroll movies 58 min ago
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)