Los Angeles News
Body found in burned out SUV in Highland Park
HIGHLAND PARK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A homicide investigation is under way after a body was found inside a burned out SUV Thursday in Highland Park.
Police believe the man was murdered, but they do not have any suspects.
Crews responded to a vehicle fire at about 2 a.m. on the 4800 block of Marmion Way. The man's body was found in the driver's seat of the Ford Expedition. Investigators say the man appeared to have suffered a gunshot wound to the head.
Minutes before the vehicle fire was discovered, police had received several calls about gunshots being fired just a few blocks from the scene.
"About 1:38 a.m., there was a call of shots heard over in the Sycamore Park area, and we're not sure if it's related to this, but we are investigating that as a potential part of the crime," said LAPD Lt. Joseph Hiltner.
Marmion Way was shut down for more than six hours due to the investigation. Police say the SUV is registered to a home nearby.
Jose Juarez says he's the victim's brother-in-law. They began to worry when he didn't return home last night. Relatives said the victim was married and a father.
"He's very good person. I don't think he has any enemies," Juarez said.
Anyone with information was asked to call police at (877) LAPD-24-7.
homicide investigation, body found, los angeles news
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested 3 min ago
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)