Los Angeles News
Body found in burned out SUV in Highland Park
HIGHLAND PARK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A homicide investigation is under way after a body was found inside a burned out SUV Thursday in Highland Park.
Police believe the man was murdered, but they do not have any suspects.
Crews responded to a vehicle fire at about 2 a.m. on the 4800 block of Marmion Way. The man's body was found in the driver's seat of the Ford Expedition. Investigators say the man appeared to have suffered a gunshot wound to the head.
Minutes before the vehicle fire was discovered, police had received several calls about gunshots being fired just a few blocks from the scene.
"About 1:38 a.m., there was a call of shots heard over in the Sycamore Park area, and we're not sure if it's related to this, but we are investigating that as a potential part of the crime," said LAPD Lt. Joseph Hiltner.
Marmion Way was shut down for more than six hours due to the investigation. Police say the SUV is registered to a home nearby.
Jose Juarez says he's the victim's brother-in-law. They began to worry when he didn't return home last night. Relatives said the victim was married and a father.
"He's very good person. I don't think he has any enemies," Juarez said.
Anyone with information was asked to call police at (877) LAPD-24-7.
homicide investigation, body found, los angeles news
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments