Los Angeles News
Body found in burned out SUV in Highland Park
HIGHLAND PARK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A homicide investigation is under way after a body was found inside a burned out SUV Thursday in Highland Park.
Police believe the man was murdered, but they do not have any suspects.
Crews responded to a vehicle fire at about 2 a.m. on the 4800 block of Marmion Way. The man's body was found in the driver's seat of the Ford Expedition. Investigators say the man appeared to have suffered a gunshot wound to the head.
Minutes before the vehicle fire was discovered, police had received several calls about gunshots being fired just a few blocks from the scene.
"About 1:38 a.m., there was a call of shots heard over in the Sycamore Park area, and we're not sure if it's related to this, but we are investigating that as a potential part of the crime," said LAPD Lt. Joseph Hiltner.
Marmion Way was shut down for more than six hours due to the investigation. Police say the SUV is registered to a home nearby.
Jose Juarez says he's the victim's brother-in-law. They began to worry when he didn't return home last night. Relatives said the victim was married and a father.
"He's very good person. I don't think he has any enemies," Juarez said.
Anyone with information was asked to call police at (877) LAPD-24-7.
homicide investigation, body found, los angeles news
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day
- Prosecutors shed light on Maribel Ramos murder
- Vinny Del Negro out as LA Clippers coach
- LA search-and-rescue on standby for Oklahoma 56 min ago
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls 1 min ago
- Jogger sexually assaulted in Santa Paula
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee 21 min ago
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- 2013 Legacy, Outback recalled for steering issue
- New ACL surgery technique reduces failure rate 54 min ago
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10