Los Angeles News
Hermosa Beach City Council bans polystyrene
HERMOSA BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- The Hermosa Beach City Council has passed a ban on polystyrene food containers.
Under the new law, food providers will be prohibited from using disposable packaging made with polystyrene, better known as Styrofoam.
Hermosa Beach joins more than 60 other California cities and counties in banning polystyrene food containers.
environment, los angeles news
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Fire hits Loyola Marymount University dorm
- Large sinkhole closes Woodland Hills road
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Salvation Army bell-ringer breaks record in IE
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Stanford beats ASU 38-14 in Pac-12 title game
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- Photos: Jennifer Lopez at March of Dimes event