Los Angeles News
Hermosa Beach City Council bans polystyrene
HERMOSA BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- The Hermosa Beach City Council has passed a ban on polystyrene food containers.
Under the new law, food providers will be prohibited from using disposable packaging made with polystyrene, better known as Styrofoam.
Hermosa Beach joins more than 60 other California cities and counties in banning polystyrene food containers.
environment, los angeles news
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony 29 min ago
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- OTRC: Stacy Keibler weds boyfriend Jared Pobre 20 min ago