Los Angeles News
Hermosa Beach City Council bans polystyrene
HERMOSA BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- The Hermosa Beach City Council has passed a ban on polystyrene food containers.
Under the new law, food providers will be prohibited from using disposable packaging made with polystyrene, better known as Styrofoam.
Hermosa Beach joins more than 60 other California cities and counties in banning polystyrene food containers.
environment, los angeles news
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital 43 min ago
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd 9 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 7 min ago
- San Dimas boat crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 7 min ago
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert 5 min ago
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks