Los Angeles News
Bear takes a dip in Granada Hills swimming pool
GRANADA HILLS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A small bear has returned home to the San Gabriel Mountains after taking an evening stroll in a Granada Hills neighborhood.
The bear was first spotted just before 7 p.m. Thursday around a home on 13000 block of Whistler Avenue, near Balboa Boulevard. It spent about an hour-and-a-half in the area. At one point, it took a dip in a backyard pool to cool off.
Los Angeles police officers and officials from the Department of Fish and Game eventually scared the bear back into the woods.
animal news, los angeles news
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries 45 min ago
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment 19 min ago
- Metro to vote on fate of ExpressLanes pilot
- 2 killed, 5 hurt in I-5 accident in Irvine
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- Granada Hills fire damages strip mall shops
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged 31 min ago
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- OTRC: Peter Jackson: 'The Hobbit 3' title changed
- Dana Point woman fights to keep chickens
37 min ago