Los Angeles News
Bear takes a dip in Granada Hills swimming pool
GRANADA HILLS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A small bear has returned home to the San Gabriel Mountains after taking an evening stroll in a Granada Hills neighborhood.
The bear was first spotted just before 7 p.m. Thursday around a home on 13000 block of Whistler Avenue, near Balboa Boulevard. It spent about an hour-and-a-half in the area. At one point, it took a dip in a backyard pool to cool off.
Los Angeles police officers and officials from the Department of Fish and Game eventually scared the bear back into the woods.
animal news, los angeles news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured 12 min ago
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona 3 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal 18 min ago
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis