Los Angeles News
Bear takes a dip in Granada Hills swimming pool
GRANADA HILLS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A small bear has returned home to the San Gabriel Mountains after taking an evening stroll in a Granada Hills neighborhood.
The bear was first spotted just before 7 p.m. Thursday around a home on 13000 block of Whistler Avenue, near Balboa Boulevard. It spent about an hour-and-a-half in the area. At one point, it took a dip in a backyard pool to cool off.
Los Angeles police officers and officials from the Department of Fish and Game eventually scared the bear back into the woods.
animal news, los angeles news
- Palmdale boy, 8, may have been tortured
- Cold case: Cadaver dog fails to pick up scent
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Bear cub breaks into a kitchen in Duarte
- 2-acre brush fire burns near Castaic school 29 min ago
- Local police officer accused of child molest
- UC hospital workers' strike ends after 2 days
- Okla. tornado cleanup slowed by thunderstorms
- abcnews: New Susan Powell video released
- Drone strikes are effective, crucial - Obama 42 min ago
- Vote on gay Scouts comes at emotional moment
- Charles Ramsey promised free burgers for life
- SI model accepts local teen's prom proposal
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'