Los Angeles News
Special meeting held on fate of El Monte 'Gangnam Style' lifeguards
EL MONTE, Calif. (KABC) -- A special meeting of the El Monte City Council was held Friday to address a lifeguard video flap.
As was earlier reported, several young lifeguards were fired after making a video spoof of the wildly popular "Gangnam Style" video by Korean pop singer Psy.
The lifeguards thought it would be a fun way to remember their summer. The city was not so amused, and fired them.
At Friday's meeting, several people spoke out in favor of the lifeguards getting their jobs back. At last report, that meeting was still going on.
A decision was not immediately reached.
los angeles news
- Car rally to be held in honor of Paul Walker
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church 4 min ago
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana 19 min ago
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- Rancho Santa Margarita crash leaves 5 injured
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Cold weather brings flight cancellations 31 min ago
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week 30 min ago
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis