Los Angeles News
LAPD Chief Beck injured in motocross accident
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck is on the mend and expecting to be back at work Monday after being injured in a motocross accident.
Officials say the chief injured his shoulder on Thursday and underwent a medical procedure to repair the damage but didn't release further details.
The 59-year-old is a motocross veteran who specializes in riding vintage motorcycles. He has competed in motocross and off-road races since the 1970s.
charlie beck, lapd, accident, los angeles news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back 38 min ago
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 1 min ago
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert 19 min ago
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest 42 min ago
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- New Toyota Highlander carries on legacy
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video