Los Angeles News
LAPD Chief Beck injured in motocross accident
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck is on the mend and expecting to be back at work Monday after being injured in a motocross accident.
Officials say the chief injured his shoulder on Thursday and underwent a medical procedure to repair the damage but didn't release further details.
The 59-year-old is a motocross veteran who specializes in riding vintage motorcycles. He has competed in motocross and off-road races since the 1970s.
charlie beck, lapd, accident, los angeles news
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial 35 min ago
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe 50 min ago
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 56 min ago
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death 32 min ago
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes 5 min ago
- Informant speaks out on jail abuse probe 49 min ago
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- 'Button-down' Bandit' strikes Corona bank
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke