Los Angeles News
Highland Park shooting kills man; no suspects in custody
HIGHLAND PARK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A man died from his injuries following an early morning shooting in Highland Park on Monday, police said.
The shooting happened at Avenue 59 and Marmion Way just after 2 a.m. Emergency responders could be seen performing CPR as the victim was being taken from the scene. He later died at the hospital.
Police said they do not believe the shooting is gang-related. They do not have a suspect or a motive.
Investigators are asking witnesses to come forward. Anyone with information was asked to call police at (323) 344-5701.
Correction: An earlier version of the story inaccurately said the location of the shooting was Mount Washington.
shooting, los angeles news
- Vandals break in, trash church in Palmdale
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Deputies shoot, kill armed man during fight
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- LA sheriffs rescue stranded family of seven
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- Tornadoes sweep across Kansas and Oklahoma 22 min ago
- Obama addresses Morehouse College graduates
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list