Los Angeles News
Woman's burned body found in South Los Angeles
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A woman's burned body was found in the middle of the street in South Los Angeles on Monday night.
A passerby made the discovery around 9:40 p.m. in the 300 block of West 94th Street near Broadway, a residential area. Firefighters and police responded and declared the victim dead at the scene. No other injuries were reported.
The identity of the body has not been determined and authorities say it may take some time before the victim is positively identified.
"We got information that perhaps a female was lit on fire or lit herself on fire. Obviously, it's preliminary. We don't know exactly what happened out here," said Capt. Gerald Woodyard with the Los Angeles Police Department.
An investigation into the exact cause, time and manner of death is underway and involves LAPD detectives and the LA Fire Department Arson and Counterterrorism section.
Anyone with information was asked to contact police at (877) LAPD-24-7.
body found, south los angeles, los angeles news
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating 58 min ago
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage 19 min ago
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Tweet lands 20-yr-old Los Angeles man in jail
- Lancaster pellet gun vandalism: 3 arrested
- 4 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate? 7 min ago
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)