Los Angeles News
Woman's burned body found in South Los Angeles
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A woman's burned body was found in the middle of the street in South Los Angeles on Monday night.
A passerby made the discovery around 9:40 p.m. in the 300 block of West 94th Street near Broadway, a residential area. Firefighters and police responded and declared the victim dead at the scene. No other injuries were reported.
The identity of the body has not been determined and authorities say it may take some time before the victim is positively identified.
"We got information that perhaps a female was lit on fire or lit herself on fire. Obviously, it's preliminary. We don't know exactly what happened out here," said Capt. Gerald Woodyard with the Los Angeles Police Department.
An investigation into the exact cause, time and manner of death is underway and involves LAPD detectives and the LA Fire Department Arson and Counterterrorism section.
Anyone with information was asked to contact police at (877) LAPD-24-7.
body found, south los angeles, los angeles news
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court 50 min ago
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Ventura growers protect crops from freezing 24 min ago
- Cold front moves across Southern California
- Abducted Palmdale children found safe
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Newtown dispatcher told callers to take cover
- Indio High student diagnosed with tuberculosis
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- NFL fines Steelers coach Mike Tomlin $100,000
- Gabor husband, daughter fight over spending
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film
- New video game helps young cancer patients
2 min ago