Los Angeles News
Woman's burned body found in South Los Angeles
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A woman's burned body was found in the middle of the street in South Los Angeles on Monday night.
A passerby made the discovery around 9:40 p.m. in the 300 block of West 94th Street near Broadway, a residential area. Firefighters and police responded and declared the victim dead at the scene. No other injuries were reported.
The identity of the body has not been determined and authorities say it may take some time before the victim is positively identified.
"We got information that perhaps a female was lit on fire or lit herself on fire. Obviously, it's preliminary. We don't know exactly what happened out here," said Capt. Gerald Woodyard with the Los Angeles Police Department.
An investigation into the exact cause, time and manner of death is underway and involves LAPD detectives and the LA Fire Department Arson and Counterterrorism section.
Anyone with information was asked to contact police at (877) LAPD-24-7.
body found, south los angeles, los angeles news
- Oklahoma tornado: Recovery effort under way 46 min ago
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts w/ 2 girls
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- UC hospital workers strike over understaffing
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- abcnews: Apple CEO defends offshore tax policy
- Heart rate fitness tool helps burn calories 54 min ago
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' recap - week 10
- AEG Live spent $24M on Michael Jackson tour
20 min ago
- Pet of the week: 2-month-old Chihuahua-mix
5 min ago