Los Angeles News
Woman's burned body found in South Los Angeles
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A woman's burned body was found in the middle of the street in South Los Angeles on Monday night.
A passerby made the discovery around 9:40 p.m. in the 300 block of West 94th Street near Broadway, a residential area. Firefighters and police responded and declared the victim dead at the scene. No other injuries were reported.
The identity of the body has not been determined and authorities say it may take some time before the victim is positively identified.
"We got information that perhaps a female was lit on fire or lit herself on fire. Obviously, it's preliminary. We don't know exactly what happened out here," said Capt. Gerald Woodyard with the Los Angeles Police Department.
An investigation into the exact cause, time and manner of death is underway and involves LAPD detectives and the LA Fire Department Arson and Counterterrorism section.
Anyone with information was asked to contact police at (877) LAPD-24-7.
body found, south los angeles, los angeles news
- Fewer travelers expected Memorial Day weekend
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross 38 min ago
- Disneyland holding Monstrous 'All-Nighter'
- 405 North crash, fuel spill snarls traffic
- Fatal S. LA drive-by shooting suspects sought 36 min ago
- LA gang activity coordinated from Kansas home
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city
- Covered California announces 13 health plans
- NASA wants astronauts on asteroid by 2021
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge 26 min ago
- OTRC: 'Hangover 3,' 'Fast & Furious 6' film reviews