Los Angeles News
Car seat safety inspections offered in LA
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles Police Department is helping to make sure your kids are safe in their car seats.
The Valley Traffic Division is offering free inspections Tuesday at the Valley Plaza Park and Recreation Center at Sherman Way and Whitsett Avenue in North Hollywood. The inspections run from 7 a.m. until 11 a.m.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says three out of four children are not as secure in the car as they should be, because their seats are not being used correctly.
Starting Tuesday, you can bring your old or damaged car seats to the TMC Horizon Inc. recycling center located at 1315 E. 4th St. in Pomona. The goal is getting the unsafe seats out of circulation.
los angeles news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis