Los Angeles News
Car seat safety inspections offered in LA
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles Police Department is helping to make sure your kids are safe in their car seats.
The Valley Traffic Division is offering free inspections Tuesday at the Valley Plaza Park and Recreation Center at Sherman Way and Whitsett Avenue in North Hollywood. The inspections run from 7 a.m. until 11 a.m.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says three out of four children are not as secure in the car as they should be, because their seats are not being used correctly.
Starting Tuesday, you can bring your old or damaged car seats to the TMC Horizon Inc. recycling center located at 1315 E. 4th St. in Pomona. The goal is getting the unsafe seats out of circulation.
los angeles news
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search 7 min ago
- 2 dead after car plows into crowd near SXSW
- Malaysia: No debris at spot on China images
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Mom of wandering boys was supervised by CPS
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- FBI hunting Hawaii for top terror suspect
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons