Los Angeles News
Truck hits 2 teens in Van Nuys crosswalk, flees
VAN NUYS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Two teenagers, ages 13 and 14, were in a crosswalk when they were struck by a hit-and-run driver in Van Nuys on Tuesday. Surveillance video caught images of the suspect's vehicle.
Authorities say a green pickup truck was heading eastbound on Vanowen Street when it struck a male and female at Ranchito Avenue at 7:02 a.m. The victims were walking to school.
"Some guy passed the red light and hit them," said Joseph Gaytan, who witnessed the accident. "(The victims) were pretty bad. They were laying on the ground, and they were bleeding."
Both were taken to Northridge Hospital Medical Center. Police say the male teen suffered serious injuries after hitting his head against the pavement, and the female teen suffered broken bones, but both were expected to survive.
The suspect's vehicle was described as a green older Nissan pickup truck with damage to the left front end.
Anyone with information is urged to call the LAPD at (877) LAPD-24-7.
accident, hit and run, los angeles news, carlos granda
- Vandals break in, trash church in Palmdale 2 min ago
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Deputies shoot, kill armed man during fight
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- Deaf Yorkie held for ransom is back home
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Damaged trains being removed from Conn. site 20 min ago
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1 in OT of Game 3
- OTRC: Kelly Rowland in talks to be 'X Factor' judge
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
42 min ago