Los Angeles News
Truck hits 2 teens in Van Nuys crosswalk, flees
VAN NUYS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Two teenagers, ages 13 and 14, were in a crosswalk when they were struck by a hit-and-run driver in Van Nuys on Tuesday. Surveillance video caught images of the suspect's vehicle.
Authorities say a green pickup truck was heading eastbound on Vanowen Street when it struck a male and female at Ranchito Avenue at 7:02 a.m. The victims were walking to school.
"Some guy passed the red light and hit them," said Joseph Gaytan, who witnessed the accident. "(The victims) were pretty bad. They were laying on the ground, and they were bleeding."
Both were taken to Northridge Hospital Medical Center. Police say the male teen suffered serious injuries after hitting his head against the pavement, and the female teen suffered broken bones, but both were expected to survive.
The suspect's vehicle was described as a green older Nissan pickup truck with damage to the left front end.
Anyone with information is urged to call the LAPD at (877) LAPD-24-7.
accident, hit and run, los angeles news, carlos granda
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet 21 min ago
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts 4 min ago
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist 21 min ago
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'