Los Angeles News
Truck hits 2 teens in Van Nuys crosswalk, flees
VAN NUYS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Two teenagers, ages 13 and 14, were in a crosswalk when they were struck by a hit-and-run driver in Van Nuys on Tuesday. Surveillance video caught images of the suspect's vehicle.
Authorities say a green pickup truck was heading eastbound on Vanowen Street when it struck a male and female at Ranchito Avenue at 7:02 a.m. The victims were walking to school.
"Some guy passed the red light and hit them," said Joseph Gaytan, who witnessed the accident. "(The victims) were pretty bad. They were laying on the ground, and they were bleeding."
Both were taken to Northridge Hospital Medical Center. Police say the male teen suffered serious injuries after hitting his head against the pavement, and the female teen suffered broken bones, but both were expected to survive.
The suspect's vehicle was described as a green older Nissan pickup truck with damage to the left front end.
Anyone with information is urged to call the LAPD at (877) LAPD-24-7.
accident, hit and run, los angeles news, carlos granda
- Ambulance crash: 4 injured in Signal Hill 14 min ago
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well 20 min ago
- Alleged arsonist sets fire in Hollywood
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Car bursts into flames in lion habitat
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role