Los Angeles News
Man arrested for online threats against kids
SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Valencia man was arrested for allegedly writing on a blog post that he was watching children and would not mind killing them. Detectives say the man claimed it would be like the recent massacre in Aurora, Colo., that left 12 people dead.
L.A. County sheriff's detectives arrested 21-year-old Eric Yee at his house on the 23000 block of Edenton Place at about 4:30 p.m. Monday. Several firearms were found during a search of the suspect's home.
Sheriff's officials said they received information from police in Bristol, Conn., that the suspect posted the threats on an ESPN blog.
"He was posting on a very popular Internet site," said L.A. County Sheriff's Sgt. Darren Harris. "He did not mention any schools by name. In fact, he just made some statements that he potentially intended to harm someone."
Arroyo Seco Junior High School and Santa Clarita Elementary School are within minutes of the suspect's home. Harris said they increased patrols at schools in the area due to the incident. Debbie Stutts said she took her children out of school early after hearing about the threat.
"I know there's no threat, and they're fine, I've just (had) anxiety that they're not with me," she said.
Along with guns, detectives also seized computers at the house as evidence.
The suspect was booked at the Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff's Station for making terrorist threats. His bail was set at $1 million.
arrest, los angeles news, leo stallworth
- LA gang coordinated from Kansas house: arrest 30 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapses in Wash.; people in water
- Boy Scouts vote to accept openly gay boys
- Palmdale boy allegedly tortured; 2 in custody
- Prize-winning bulldogs stolen from IE home 49 min ago
- Cold case: Cadaver dog fails to pick up scent
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city
- Beach Report Card rates Calif. water quality
- Jodi Arias sentencing: Judge declares mistrial
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Consumer Reports tests summertime sunscreens
- SI model accepts local teen's prom proposal
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'