Los Angeles News
Man suspected of raping Palmdale girl, 17, sought by deputies
PALMDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- Deputies in Palmdale are searching for a suspect who reportedly raped a teenage girl Tuesday.
The 17-year-old victim told detectives a man offered her a ride, then took her to a secluded location near the corner of Sierra Highway and Barrel Springs Road. He asked her if she wanted to make some money, and that's when he attacked her. After the attack, the suspect left the girl at the location.
Deputies were called to the scene at 10:39 a.m. One deputy said the girl was upset and she was taken to a hospital.
The suspect is described as heavy set and about 30 years old. He was driving a blue four-door car with only paper plates that said CarMax.
City News Service contributed to this report.
sex crimes, sexual assault, los angeles news
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board 29 min ago
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- abcnews: NFL star's home searched after killing
- Chrysler agrees to Jeep recall over fire risk
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy
- AMA recognizes obesity as a disease
41 min ago