Los Angeles News
Man suspected of raping Palmdale girl, 17, sought by deputies
PALMDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- Deputies in Palmdale are searching for a suspect who reportedly raped a teenage girl Tuesday.
The 17-year-old victim told detectives a man offered her a ride, then took her to a secluded location near the corner of Sierra Highway and Barrel Springs Road. He asked her if she wanted to make some money, and that's when he attacked her. After the attack, the suspect left the girl at the location.
Deputies were called to the scene at 10:39 a.m. One deputy said the girl was upset and she was taken to a hospital.
The suspect is described as heavy set and about 30 years old. He was driving a blue four-door car with only paper plates that said CarMax.
City News Service contributed to this report.
sex crimes, sexual assault, los angeles news
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested 32 min ago
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)