Los Angeles News
Man, horse killed in Rolling Hills collision
ROLLING HILLS ESTATES, Calif. (KABC) -- A man died after his car hit a horse that was loose and running on the road. The horse was killed at the scene.
The accident happened shortly after 2 a.m. on Crenshaw Boulevard, north of Palos Verdes Drive North, in Rolling Hills Estates. Authorities say 69-year-old Ryan Koyama died at a hospital.
The horse had gotten free from a nearby stable and flew over the top of the car when it was hit.
Animal control officers euthanized the horse at the scene.
animal news, car crash, los angeles news
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks