Los Angeles News
Boy, 2, found wandering alone in Bell reunites with mom
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A toddler who was found crying and wandering alone on a sidewalk in the city of Bell has been reunited with his mother, authorities said.
The 2-year-old boy was found on the 6700 block of Chanslor Avenue. He was spotted around 3 a.m. Tuesday by a resident who had just arrived home from work. Authorities believe the boy was alone on the sidewalk for about 30 minutes before police picked him up.
The child was taken to the Bell Police Department as investigators canvassed the neighborhood for his family.
The toddler didn't actually wander that far. He came out of the apartment and was found on the sidewalk in front of the building, but it was the middle of the night, and he was in an unfamiliar neighborhood.
The boy's family was in town for a family party at his uncle's house, which is why nobody in the area recognized him. It wasn't until a few hours later that the grandmother woke up and saw the front door wide open, and they noticed Daniel was missing.
Fortunately, with the help of neighbors and after calling 911, the frantic mother found her son safe at the police station.
Child services was notified as soon as the toddler was found, and officials were seen at the apartment checking on the family.
los angeles news, christina salvo
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies 8 min ago
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim 12 min ago
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified 10 min ago
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Lancaster woman found dead; sons questioned
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend
- Utah's same-sex marriage ban overturned 23 min ago
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled 40 min ago
- San Jose company recalls sausage products 30 min ago
- Understanding symbols on plastic containers
- Bejo's 'Past' character sometimes unlikeable
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)