Los Angeles News
Boy, 2, found wandering alone in Bell reunites with mom
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A toddler who was found crying and wandering alone on a sidewalk in the city of Bell has been reunited with his mother, authorities said.
The 2-year-old boy was found on the 6700 block of Chanslor Avenue. He was spotted around 3 a.m. Tuesday by a resident who had just arrived home from work. Authorities believe the boy was alone on the sidewalk for about 30 minutes before police picked him up.
The child was taken to the Bell Police Department as investigators canvassed the neighborhood for his family.
The toddler didn't actually wander that far. He came out of the apartment and was found on the sidewalk in front of the building, but it was the middle of the night, and he was in an unfamiliar neighborhood.
The boy's family was in town for a family party at his uncle's house, which is why nobody in the area recognized him. It wasn't until a few hours later that the grandmother woke up and saw the front door wide open, and they noticed Daniel was missing.
Fortunately, with the help of neighbors and after calling 911, the frantic mother found her son safe at the police station.
Child services was notified as soon as the toddler was found, and officials were seen at the apartment checking on the family.
los angeles news, christina salvo
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants