Los Angeles News
Northridge shooting kills 1, injures 3
NORTHRIDGE, Calif. (KABC) -- The search is on for the gunman behind a shooting in Northridge that left one person dead and three others injured early Tuesday.
The shooting happened just after midnight near Balboa Boulevard and Parthenia Street. Police say two males and two females were shot. One of the victims died and the other three were taken to the hospital.
An older-model Lexus was at the scene but police wouldn't say how it was involved. Police also would not reveal if the victims were inside the vehicle, and they would not say if the victims were armed and returned fire.
The street where the shooting occurred has houses and apartments, and at least one window at a home was struck by gunfire.
"I was watching TV and I was taking on the phone and I heard the gunshots -- bang, bang, bang, bang, bang -- five shots. And after I saw through the window somebody was crying -- a lady was crying," said Bilai Wealthy.
Police are actively looking for a suspect or suspects. Anyone with information should call the LAPD Devonshire Station at (818) 832-0633.
shooting, los angeles news, darsha philips
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51 11 min ago
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman 54 min ago
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged sex assault
- Tip led to ex-USC professor's Mexico arrest 52 min ago
- Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 pile-up
- West Hills murder suspect pleads not guilty
- Metro Red, Purple lines now requires TAP card
- Man stabbed during carjacking in Oxnard
- TWA Flight 800 documentary hints at cover-up
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices connoisseurs
- Paris, Prince Jackson refute chef's testimony 25 min ago
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)