Los Angeles News
Northridge shooting kills 1, injures 3
NORTHRIDGE, Calif. (KABC) -- The search is on for the gunman behind a shooting in Northridge that left one person dead and three others injured early Tuesday.
The shooting happened just after midnight near Balboa Boulevard and Parthenia Street. Police say two males and two females were shot. One of the victims died and the other three were taken to the hospital.
An older-model Lexus was at the scene but police wouldn't say how it was involved. Police also would not reveal if the victims were inside the vehicle, and they would not say if the victims were armed and returned fire.
The street where the shooting occurred has houses and apartments, and at least one window at a home was struck by gunfire.
"I was watching TV and I was taking on the phone and I heard the gunshots -- bang, bang, bang, bang, bang -- five shots. And after I saw through the window somebody was crying -- a lady was crying," said Bilai Wealthy.
Police are actively looking for a suspect or suspects. Anyone with information should call the LAPD Devonshire Station at (818) 832-0633.
shooting, los angeles news, darsha philips
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured 55 min ago
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks