Los Angeles News
Northridge shooting kills 1, injures 3
NORTHRIDGE, Calif. (KABC) -- The search is on for the gunman behind a shooting in Northridge that left one person dead and three others injured early Tuesday.
The shooting happened just after midnight near Balboa Boulevard and Parthenia Street. Police say two males and two females were shot. One of the victims died and the other three were taken to the hospital.
An older-model Lexus was at the scene but police wouldn't say how it was involved. Police also would not reveal if the victims were inside the vehicle, and they would not say if the victims were armed and returned fire.
The street where the shooting occurred has houses and apartments, and at least one window at a home was struck by gunfire.
"I was watching TV and I was taking on the phone and I heard the gunshots -- bang, bang, bang, bang, bang -- five shots. And after I saw through the window somebody was crying -- a lady was crying," said Bilai Wealthy.
Police are actively looking for a suspect or suspects. Anyone with information should call the LAPD Devonshire Station at (818) 832-0633.
shooting, los angeles news, darsha philips
- Fallbrook bus crash leaves 1 dead, 22 hurt 11 min ago
- Tour bus rolls over on 15 Freeway in Corona 57 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt 2 min ago
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note 59 min ago
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court 20 min ago
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Katie Couric's talk show to end this summer 37 min ago
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal 13 min ago
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis 54 min ago