Los Angeles News
Northridge shooting kills 1, injures 3
NORTHRIDGE, Calif. (KABC) -- The search is on for the gunman behind a shooting in Northridge that left one person dead and three others injured early Tuesday.
The shooting happened just after midnight near Balboa Boulevard and Parthenia Street. Police say two males and two females were shot. One of the victims died and the other three were taken to the hospital.
An older-model Lexus was at the scene but police wouldn't say how it was involved. Police also would not reveal if the victims were inside the vehicle, and they would not say if the victims were armed and returned fire.
The street where the shooting occurred has houses and apartments, and at least one window at a home was struck by gunfire.
"I was watching TV and I was taking on the phone and I heard the gunshots -- bang, bang, bang, bang, bang -- five shots. And after I saw through the window somebody was crying -- a lady was crying," said Bilai Wealthy.
Police are actively looking for a suspect or suspects. Anyone with information should call the LAPD Devonshire Station at (818) 832-0633.
shooting, los angeles news, darsha philips
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets 21 min ago
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- IE man found guilty of molesting 3 girls 10 min ago
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts