Los Angeles News
Rose Parade will feature live wedding for 1st time
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- People attending the Rose Parade may want to bring a wedding gift.
Farmers Insurance says one lucky couple will win the chance to get married aboard a float in the annual parade in Pasadena. Farmers' 54th entry will be themed "The Love Float."
The company began a nationwide contest to find a couple interested in saying "I do" during the parade. Interested couples can enter by submitting their stories on the Farmers Insurance Facebook page by Oct. 14.
A panel of judges will select up to four finalists, and then the public will choose the winning couple. The company said the winner will be announced before Thanksgiving.
It will be the first time in the parade's 124-year history that a wedding will take place live.
The contest winners will get a trip to Pasadena for themselves and up to six witnesses, a wedding dress, a tuxedo, wedding rings, hair and makeup for the bride, marriage license fees, two tickets to the Rose Bowl game and a national advertisement opportunity featuring a photo from your wedding day.
"Across the country there are thousands of couples deserving of a history making wedding experience," says Michael Linton, enterprise chief marketing officer for Farmers Insurance. "The 'Love Float' is a chance for Farmers Insurance to honor a great American love story."
los angeles news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour