Los Angeles News
Rash of car burglaries in the Hollywood Hills
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Authorities are looking for a thief in connection with a string of early morning car burglaries in the Hollywood Hills Thursday.
According to Los Angeles Police Department, police were notified of the break-ins around 4 a.m. by a homeowner who saw the suspect run away. When they arrived to the scene on the 8100 block of Mulholland Terrace, they found broken glass and several cars that had been broken into.
While the number of cars burglarized has not been released, deputies say in some cases the car windows were just shattered. As of now, it appears that damage exceeds what was reportedly stolen; a wallet and a camera.
The LAPD is reminding car owners to lock their vehicles and hide or remove any valuables from plain sight.
The car burglaries are still under investigation.
lapd, burglary, los angeles news
- TWA Flight 800 documentary hints at cover-up 46 min ago
- West Hills murder suspect to appear in court
- Metro Red, Purple lines now requires TAP card
- Journalist Michael Hastings dies in LA crash
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Inland Empire 30 min ago
- Woman sought in Santa Ana Chase Bank robbery
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- Fed says it will maintain bond purchase pace 20 min ago
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model 52 min ago
- Natura recalls pet food after salmonella test
- Paris, Prince Jackson refute chef's testimony
- James Franco seeks $500K to bankroll movies 5 min ago
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video) 58 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
54 min ago