Los Angeles News
Rash of car burglaries in the Hollywood Hills
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Authorities are looking for a thief in connection with a string of early morning car burglaries in the Hollywood Hills Thursday.
According to Los Angeles Police Department, police were notified of the break-ins around 4 a.m. by a homeowner who saw the suspect run away. When they arrived to the scene on the 8100 block of Mulholland Terrace, they found broken glass and several cars that had been broken into.
While the number of cars burglarized has not been released, deputies say in some cases the car windows were just shattered. As of now, it appears that damage exceeds what was reportedly stolen; a wallet and a camera.
The LAPD is reminding car owners to lock their vehicles and hide or remove any valuables from plain sight.
The car burglaries are still under investigation.
lapd, burglary, los angeles news
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Breast cancer treatment uses extreme heat
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour