Los Angeles News
$75,000 reward offered in the double murder of two 16-year-old teenagers in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles City Council plans to offer a $75,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of the person who fatally shot two teenagers in Wilmington.
Mendrick Melgoza, 16, and Carolina Ramirez, 16, were killed at about 7:10 p.m. in the 500 block of Bay View Avenue and E Street on Feb. 26.
Authorities say the young man was shot first. Ramirez tried to hide under a truck when the suspect went up to her and shot her. The teenagers were pronounced dead at the scene.
Seven months later, the victim's loved ones are pleading with people to come forward and provide tips.
"We're begging you as a family and as a community to come forward and tell authorities what you know. Any little help that can bring these murderers to justice," said one of the victim's aunts Edith Rosas.
Anyone with information on the murders is urged to call the Los Angeles Police Department's tip line at (877) LAPD-24-7.
shooting, murder, homicide investigation, los angeles news
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide 46 min ago
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- 'Octomom' pleads not guilty to 4th charge
- East LA coach pleads no contest to molest 6 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker