Los Angeles News
$75,000 reward offered in the double murder of two 16-year-old teenagers in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles City Council plans to offer a $75,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of the person who fatally shot two teenagers in Wilmington.
Mendrick Melgoza, 16, and Carolina Ramirez, 16, were killed at about 7:10 p.m. in the 500 block of Bay View Avenue and E Street on Feb. 26.
Authorities say the young man was shot first. Ramirez tried to hide under a truck when the suspect went up to her and shot her. The teenagers were pronounced dead at the scene.
Seven months later, the victim's loved ones are pleading with people to come forward and provide tips.
"We're begging you as a family and as a community to come forward and tell authorities what you know. Any little help that can bring these murderers to justice," said one of the victim's aunts Edith Rosas.
Anyone with information on the murders is urged to call the Los Angeles Police Department's tip line at (877) LAPD-24-7.
shooting, murder, homicide investigation, los angeles news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt 57 min ago
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- Luxury-grade SUVs increasingly popular
25 min ago