Los Angeles News
$75,000 reward offered in the double murder of two 16-year-old teenagers in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles City Council plans to offer a $75,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of the person who fatally shot two teenagers in Wilmington.
Mendrick Melgoza, 16, and Carolina Ramirez, 16, were killed at about 7:10 p.m. in the 500 block of Bay View Avenue and E Street on Feb. 26.
Authorities say the young man was shot first. Ramirez tried to hide under a truck when the suspect went up to her and shot her. The teenagers were pronounced dead at the scene.
Seven months later, the victim's loved ones are pleading with people to come forward and provide tips.
"We're begging you as a family and as a community to come forward and tell authorities what you know. Any little help that can bring these murderers to justice," said one of the victim's aunts Edith Rosas.
Anyone with information on the murders is urged to call the Los Angeles Police Department's tip line at (877) LAPD-24-7.
shooting, murder, homicide investigation, los angeles news
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins 33 min ago
- Man shot to death in Boston bombing probe 14 min ago
- Bear roams around Shadow Hills neighborhood 1 min ago
- ABC7 relief drive for Okla. tornado victims 42 min ago
- Big rig, truck collide in Pomona; 2 killed
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- LA city attorney race: Mike Feuer wins
- Ron Galperin wins LA city controller race
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
- abcnews: Cleveland kidnap victims 'happy and safe' 30 min ago
- Sleep remedies for a better night's rest
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- PHOTOS: 'Dancing With The Stars' finale 50 min ago