Los Angeles News
$75,000 reward offered in the double murder of two 16-year-old teenagers in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles City Council plans to offer a $75,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of the person who fatally shot two teenagers in Wilmington.
Mendrick Melgoza, 16, and Carolina Ramirez, 16, were killed at about 7:10 p.m. in the 500 block of Bay View Avenue and E Street on Feb. 26.
Authorities say the young man was shot first. Ramirez tried to hide under a truck when the suspect went up to her and shot her. The teenagers were pronounced dead at the scene.
Seven months later, the victim's loved ones are pleading with people to come forward and provide tips.
"We're begging you as a family and as a community to come forward and tell authorities what you know. Any little help that can bring these murderers to justice," said one of the victim's aunts Edith Rosas.
Anyone with information on the murders is urged to call the Los Angeles Police Department's tip line at (877) LAPD-24-7.
shooting, murder, homicide investigation, los angeles news
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon 48 min ago
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 10 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East 27 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- CIA improperly searched network, says senator 38 min ago
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary 11 min ago
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- OTRC: Elisabeth Moss: Armisen marriage 'traumatic'