Los Angeles News
$75,000 reward offered in the double murder of two 16-year-old teenagers in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles City Council plans to offer a $75,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of the person who fatally shot two teenagers in Wilmington.
Mendrick Melgoza, 16, and Carolina Ramirez, 16, were killed at about 7:10 p.m. in the 500 block of Bay View Avenue and E Street on Feb. 26.
Authorities say the young man was shot first. Ramirez tried to hide under a truck when the suspect went up to her and shot her. The teenagers were pronounced dead at the scene.
Seven months later, the victim's loved ones are pleading with people to come forward and provide tips.
"We're begging you as a family and as a community to come forward and tell authorities what you know. Any little help that can bring these murderers to justice," said one of the victim's aunts Edith Rosas.
Anyone with information on the murders is urged to call the Los Angeles Police Department's tip line at (877) LAPD-24-7.
shooting, murder, homicide investigation, los angeles news
- Jameis Winston won't be charged in rape case 15 min ago
- Fast food workers protest, want $15 an hour
- US teacher killed in Benghazi: officials
- Cold snap moving across Southern California
- 2 deputies OK after crash on West 105 Freeway
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- Bratton picked as NYPD commissioner again
- Idaho school bus crash: 1 child killed, 4 hurt 1 min ago
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- Manhattan Toy Quixel baby rattles recalled
- Banksy 'Flower Girl' could fetch up to $300K 46 min ago
- OTRC: 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' official trailer