Los Angeles News
Car crashes into liquor store during carjack attempt; suspect sought
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The search is on for a man who tried to carjack an SUV before it crashed into a liquor store in South Los Angeles.
Around 11 p.m. Monday, the victim was in his parked black Jeep Grand Cherokee about a block away from Times Square Liquor in the 4200 block of South Broadway. That's when a man jumped in the car and tried to steal it. A struggle ensued and came to a crash ending into the liquor store.
The owner of the Jeep was taken to the hospital with minor injuries and is expected to be OK. The suspect fled on foot. Authorities don't believe the suspect was armed.
Caseui Kim, the manager of Times Square Liquor, was in the store helping a customer at the time of the crash. He said it felt like a strong earthquake and he was "very frightened." The building has been red tagged as a result of the crash.
Anyone with information about the incident should contact the LAPD Newton Station at (323) 846-6547.
south los angeles, car crash, los angeles news, subha ravindhran
- London attack victim was a serving soldier
- Glendora yard dug up in 35-year-old cold case
- Oklahoma tornado victims' names released
- Bear cub breaks into a kitchen in Duarte 59 min ago
- Local police officer accused of child molest 6 min ago
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten
- Model murder trial: Case in hands of jury
- UC hospital workers' strike ends after 2 days 20 min ago
- abcnews: New Susan Powell video released
- Teen birth rate: Nearly all states see drop
- Arias jury stuck but must keep deliberating
- 'Hangover' films changed lives of the stars
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Tornado relief drives: More than $211K raised