Los Angeles News
Car crashes into liquor store during carjack attempt; suspect sought
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The search is on for a man who tried to carjack an SUV before it crashed into a liquor store in South Los Angeles.
Around 11 p.m. Monday, the victim was in his parked black Jeep Grand Cherokee about a block away from Times Square Liquor in the 4200 block of South Broadway. That's when a man jumped in the car and tried to steal it. A struggle ensued and came to a crash ending into the liquor store.
The owner of the Jeep was taken to the hospital with minor injuries and is expected to be OK. The suspect fled on foot. Authorities don't believe the suspect was armed.
Caseui Kim, the manager of Times Square Liquor, was in the store helping a customer at the time of the crash. He said it felt like a strong earthquake and he was "very frightened." The building has been red tagged as a result of the crash.
Anyone with information about the incident should contact the LAPD Newton Station at (323) 846-6547.
south los angeles, car crash, los angeles news, subha ravindhran
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens 8 min ago
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain 26 min ago
- Bipartisan budget deal nears final passage 46 min ago
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- India diplomat claims cavity search in NYC
- Ronnie Biggs, 'Great Train Robber,' dies at 84
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
6 min ago