Los Angeles News
Car crashes into liquor store during carjack attempt; suspect sought
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The search is on for a man who tried to carjack an SUV before it crashed into a liquor store in South Los Angeles.
Around 11 p.m. Monday, the victim was in his parked black Jeep Grand Cherokee about a block away from Times Square Liquor in the 4200 block of South Broadway. That's when a man jumped in the car and tried to steal it. A struggle ensued and came to a crash ending into the liquor store.
The owner of the Jeep was taken to the hospital with minor injuries and is expected to be OK. The suspect fled on foot. Authorities don't believe the suspect was armed.
Caseui Kim, the manager of Times Square Liquor, was in the store helping a customer at the time of the crash. He said it felt like a strong earthquake and he was "very frightened." The building has been red tagged as a result of the crash.
Anyone with information about the incident should contact the LAPD Newton Station at (323) 846-6547.
south los angeles, car crash, los angeles news, subha ravindhran
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Brush fire burns near Gorman by Quail Lake
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)