Los Angeles News
Thief steals gold necklace off girl's neck in Hollenbeck area
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles police are asking for the public's help to find a man suspected of stealing a gold necklace from the neck of a young girl.
The robbery occurred in the Hollenbeck area around 1 p.m. last Monday.
Authorities say the girl was walking near Cesar Chavez Avenue and Fickett Street when the suspect walked up to the victim and pulled the gold chain off her neck.
The suspect, last seen running from the location, is described as a black male, between 20-25 years old, approximately 6 feet 3 inches tall, and weighing 180 pounds.
Nearby surveillance camera footage shows the suspect buying a soda just minutes before the robbery.
Detectives believe the suspect may be responsible for similar crimes in the area.
Anyone with any information regarding the crime is urged to contact the LAPD at (877) LAPD-24-7.
lapd, robbery, los angeles news
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial 16 min ago
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe 46 min ago
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 15 min ago
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case 46 min ago
- 'Button-down' Bandit' strikes Corona bank
- Man arrested for Ventura transient's murder
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment 20 min ago
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist 59 min ago
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- 'Sound of Music' actress Eleanor Parker dies
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke