Los Angeles News
Thief steals gold necklace off girl's neck in Hollenbeck area
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles police are asking for the public's help to find a man suspected of stealing a gold necklace from the neck of a young girl.
The robbery occurred in the Hollenbeck area around 1 p.m. last Monday.
Authorities say the girl was walking near Cesar Chavez Avenue and Fickett Street when the suspect walked up to the victim and pulled the gold chain off her neck.
The suspect, last seen running from the location, is described as a black male, between 20-25 years old, approximately 6 feet 3 inches tall, and weighing 180 pounds.
Nearby surveillance camera footage shows the suspect buying a soda just minutes before the robbery.
Detectives believe the suspect may be responsible for similar crimes in the area.
Anyone with any information regarding the crime is urged to contact the LAPD at (877) LAPD-24-7.
lapd, robbery, los angeles news
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Norwalk homicide investigation underway 11 min ago
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres
- Some CA cities seek water independence 4 min ago
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 28 min ago
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office 50 min ago
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians