Los Angeles News
Glendale tennis coach accused of molesting 15-year-old student
GLENDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- A tennis coach based in Glendale was arrested, accused of molesting one of his female students.
Glendale police arrested 46-year-old Dale Kim on Tuesday. Authorities say he molested a 15-year-old Los Angeles girl. Kim had coached the victim for several years, and the alleged abuse began last year.
Investigators say much of the reported abuse happened after practice at the Scholl Canyon Tennis Center's parking lot. Kim is not affiliated with the tennis center - he just rented courts there, as well as other similar facilities, according to Glendale police.
Police say Kim also met with the teen at a motel in the Tujunga area. The Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office has filed 10 counts of lewd acts on a child, seven counts of copulation with a minor and four counts of rape of a minor. Kim pleaded not guilty to all charges. His bail was set at $875,000.
Glendale police are trying to track down others who many have been victimized by Kim.
"He's been a coach for well over a decade, a tennis coach. And he teaches high school-aged teenagers, many females. We do believe he's had contact with several females. The question is, has he committed the same act upon others? Those have not come forward, whether through intimidation, embarrassment or whatever the case," said Sgt. Tom Lorenz with Glendale police.
According to court records and Glendale police, Kim was arrested in 1997 for misdemeanor sexual battery involving another underage female student of his. He was found not guilty of that charged in 1998.
If you have any information that can help investigators, you're urged to contact Glendale Crime Stoppers at (818) 507-7867.
arrest, sex crimes, los angeles news, sid garcia
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood 6 min ago
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide 6 min ago
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Crimean, Russian politicians talk referendum
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus' Twitter jabs at Katy Perry