Los Angeles News
Bel-Air house fire injures 1 firefighter
BEL-AIR, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Los Angeles firefighter is recovering after becoming ill while fighting a house fire in Bel-Air on Sunday.
The fire broke out on the 1500 block of North Roscomare Road just after 8 a.m. Authorities say when firefighters arrived, the son of the homeowner became aggressive toward them. Police were called, and the son was detained.
The fire burned two rooms on the second floor with some extension into the attic. The firefighter was taken in good condition to the Reagan Medical Center at UCLA to be checked out.
Arson investigators were called to the house. The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
City News Service contributed to this report.
fire, los angeles news
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Bear roams around Shadow Hills neighborhood
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
- ABC7 relief drive for Okla. tornado victims
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- LA city attorney race: Mike Feuer wins
- Ron Galperin wins LA city controller race
- Video: Boycott Harvey Milk Day, group urges parents 18 min ago
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- abcnews: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Sleep remedies for a better night's rest 47 min ago
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10
- 'Captain Kangaroo' treasures now on sale
32 min ago