Los Angeles News
Jefferson Park man shot, killed by police
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles police shot and killed a man in Jefferson Park following a report of an armed man making threats.
According to police, the fire department was on a welfare check Saturday morning when they called to report a man with a knife making threats in the 2600 block of Manhattan Place.
Responding officers ended up shooting a 66-year-old man, whose identity was not immediately released. The circumstances surrounding the shooting remained unclear.
The man was transported to an hospital, where he died. No officers were injured in the shooting.
officer-involved shooting, lapd, los angeles news
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens 13 min ago
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment 43 min ago
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor 3 min ago
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the 70s 32 min ago
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut
- Gay couple plans wedding on Rose Parade float
23 min ago