Los Angeles News
Jefferson Park man shot, killed by police
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles police shot and killed a man in Jefferson Park following a report of an armed man making threats.
According to police, the fire department was on a welfare check Saturday morning when they called to report a man with a knife making threats in the 2600 block of Manhattan Place.
Responding officers ended up shooting a 66-year-old man, whose identity was not immediately released. The circumstances surrounding the shooting remained unclear.
The man was transported to an hospital, where he died. No officers were injured in the shooting.
officer-involved shooting, lapd, los angeles news
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- Operation Crossover targets liquor thieves 45 min ago
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordinance scare prompts evacuations 38 min ago
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break