Los Angeles News
Jefferson Park man shot, killed by police
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles police shot and killed a man in Jefferson Park following a report of an armed man making threats.
According to police, the fire department was on a welfare check Saturday morning when they called to report a man with a knife making threats in the 2600 block of Manhattan Place.
Responding officers ended up shooting a 66-year-old man, whose identity was not immediately released. The circumstances surrounding the shooting remained unclear.
The man was transported to an hospital, where he died. No officers were injured in the shooting.
officer-involved shooting, lapd, los angeles news
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run 31 min ago
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college 47 min ago
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway 27 min ago
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters 42 min ago
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2