Los Angeles News
Children's Hospital LA research building floods
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A research building at Children's Hospital Los Angeles flooded Sunday, prompting an emergency response by firefighters.
Firefighters responded to the 4500 block of Sunset Boulevard shortly after noon. They found the basement of the structure under a foot of water. Research facilities on the upper floors were also flooded.
Firefighters were able to stop the water flow and used equipment to pump the water out.
There are no patients in this building. The cause of the flood remains unknown.
flooding, los angeles news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis
- CA proposal: Kill switch for stolen phones?
39 min ago