Los Angeles News
Bomb threat prompts evacuation at Montebello school
MONTEBELLO, Calif. (KABC) -- A bomb threat prompted an evacuation at a Montebello school on Monday, but no device was found.
Authorities received a call about a bomb at Schurr High School at 820 N. Wilcox Ave. at 7:49 a.m. Students were evacuated to the field as police searched the campus.
No device was found where the item was said to be, police said. An unattended backpack found at the tennis courts was cleared by the bomb squad.
The incident was cleared just before 11 a.m.
suspicious object, school, los angeles news
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home 14 min ago
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks