Los Angeles News
Bomb threat prompts evacuation at Montebello school
MONTEBELLO, Calif. (KABC) -- A bomb threat prompted an evacuation at a Montebello school on Monday, but no device was found.
Authorities received a call about a bomb at Schurr High School at 820 N. Wilcox Ave. at 7:49 a.m. Students were evacuated to the field as police searched the campus.
No device was found where the item was said to be, police said. An unattended backpack found at the tennis courts was cleared by the bomb squad.
The incident was cleared just before 11 a.m.
suspicious object, school, los angeles news
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault 49 min ago
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders 59 min ago
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- Suspects approach women at UC Riverside dorm
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed 45 min ago
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Ultimate Warrior cause of death revealed
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels concerts
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
20 min ago