Los Angeles News
Hawthorne hit-and-run crash victim hospitalized
HAWTHORNE, Calif. (KABC) -- A 17-year-old boy was hospitalized after being struck by a car near 126th Street and Oxford Avenue in Hawthorne.
The victim, identified as Anthony Clay, was riding his bike shortly after 4 p.m. Saturday when he was hit by a tan Toyota SUV.
"They never got out of their car. They just drove up alongside of him, asked him if he was ok. He shook his head no," said the victim's aunt Quintina Strange. "They said they were going to pull over to the side to get him some help and they just took off and kept going and left my nephew lying in the street, like he was some wounded animal, like a dog."
Authorities are searching for the suspects involved in the hit-and-run. The victim told relatives there were two men in the vehicle.
Anyone with information regarding the hit-and-run accident is urged to call Hawthorne Police Department at (310) 349-2700.
hit and run, los angeles news
- Mandela death: So. Africa prepares for burial 48 min ago
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Ontario 4 min ago
- Unemployment falls to 7 pct, 203K jobs added
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow 25 min ago
- 4 local brothers are all members of LAPD
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Brutal elevator attack shocks Chinese city 10 min ago
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
31 min ago