Los Angeles News
Hawthorne hit-and-run crash victim hospitalized
HAWTHORNE, Calif. (KABC) -- A 17-year-old boy was hospitalized after being struck by a car near 126th Street and Oxford Avenue in Hawthorne.
The victim, identified as Anthony Clay, was riding his bike shortly after 4 p.m. Saturday when he was hit by a tan Toyota SUV.
"They never got out of their car. They just drove up alongside of him, asked him if he was ok. He shook his head no," said the victim's aunt Quintina Strange. "They said they were going to pull over to the side to get him some help and they just took off and kept going and left my nephew lying in the street, like he was some wounded animal, like a dog."
Authorities are searching for the suspects involved in the hit-and-run. The victim told relatives there were two men in the vehicle.
Anyone with information regarding the hit-and-run accident is urged to call Hawthorne Police Department at (310) 349-2700.
hit and run, los angeles news
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 53 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- CIA improperly searched network, says senator
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary 54 min ago
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend 9 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M 31 min ago
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- OTRC: Elisabeth Moss: Armisen marriage 'traumatic'