Los Angeles News
Hawthorne hit-and-run crash victim hospitalized
HAWTHORNE, Calif. (KABC) -- A 17-year-old boy was hospitalized after being struck by a car near 126th Street and Oxford Avenue in Hawthorne.
The victim, identified as Anthony Clay, was riding his bike shortly after 4 p.m. Saturday when he was hit by a tan Toyota SUV.
"They never got out of their car. They just drove up alongside of him, asked him if he was ok. He shook his head no," said the victim's aunt Quintina Strange. "They said they were going to pull over to the side to get him some help and they just took off and kept going and left my nephew lying in the street, like he was some wounded animal, like a dog."
Authorities are searching for the suspects involved in the hit-and-run. The victim told relatives there were two men in the vehicle.
Anyone with information regarding the hit-and-run accident is urged to call Hawthorne Police Department at (310) 349-2700.
hit and run, los angeles news
- Ambulance crash: 4 injured in Signal Hill 8 min ago
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well 14 min ago
- Alleged arsonist sets fire in Hollywood
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Car bursts into flames in lion habitat
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role