Los Angeles News
Chelsea Clinton visits Rio Hondo Elementary to recognize health efforts
ARCADIA, Calif. (KABC) -- Chelsea Clinton helped honor a school in Arcadia Monday for its efforts to end childhood obesity.
Rio Hondo Elementary School is enrolled in the Alliance for a Healthier Generation's Healthy Schools Program. The school received the Gold Award Friday for its healthy standards.
"Five years ago my father was here to recognize one of the schools nearby that won the Silver Award. Now that's a big deal. But winning the Gold Award is even a bigger deal," said Clinton. "There are only two other schools in the whole country that are as healthy as you are. That's pretty exciting."
The Healthy Schools Program is composed of more than 15,000 schools across the country.
The Alliance for a Healthier Generation's Healthy Schools Program was founded in part by the William J. Clinton Foundation. Chelsea Clinton is on the board of directors.
health, fitness, education, los angeles news
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape 23 min ago
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico 15 min ago
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- Crates of mail found abandoned in Hollywood
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- Good Friday: Pope remembers those who suffer 36 min ago
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Lighting up historic Broadway Theatre...
42 min ago
- Los Angeles Mission serves Good Friday meals
4 min ago