Los Angeles News
Santa Monica couriers robbed of $300K-$400K in jewelry
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (KABC) -- A search is under way for two masked men who robbed jewelry couriers on the 500 block of 17th Street in Santa Monica.
The robbers took a backpack containing between $300,000 - $400,000 worth of jewelry from two couriers, who had just driven from a store on Montana Avenue at about 4 p.m. on Tuesday.
Santa Monica police say one of the robbers was carrying a gun, and that they may have had an accomplice at the wheel of their getaway car.
Authorities said the robbers appeared to be in their 20s and 30s. One suspect was described as a Hispanic man between 5 feet 9 inches and 5 feet 11 inches tall with black hair, wearing a maroon hooded sweatshirt and a bandana around his face. The second suspect was described as a black male with a medium build, also wearing a hooded sweatshirt and a bandana around his face.
They took off in a dark colored compact vehicle.
robbery, santa monica, los angeles news
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Rain, winds move into Southern California
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Phil Robertson suspended from 'Duck Dynasty'
- How to make delicious tamales for holidays
55 min ago
- Aulani Resort is perfect holiday getaway
46 min ago