Los Angeles News
Santa Monica couriers robbed of $300K-$400K in jewelry
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (KABC) -- A search is under way for two masked men who robbed jewelry couriers on the 500 block of 17th Street in Santa Monica.
The robbers took a backpack containing between $300,000 - $400,000 worth of jewelry from two couriers, who had just driven from a store on Montana Avenue at about 4 p.m. on Tuesday.
Santa Monica police say one of the robbers was carrying a gun, and that they may have had an accomplice at the wheel of their getaway car.
Authorities said the robbers appeared to be in their 20s and 30s. One suspect was described as a Hispanic man between 5 feet 9 inches and 5 feet 11 inches tall with black hair, wearing a maroon hooded sweatshirt and a bandana around his face. The second suspect was described as a black male with a medium build, also wearing a hooded sweatshirt and a bandana around his face.
They took off in a dark colored compact vehicle.
robbery, santa monica, los angeles news
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run 13 min ago
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet 4 min ago
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2