Los Angeles News
Santa Monica couriers robbed of $300K-$400K in jewelry
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (KABC) -- A search is under way for two masked men who robbed jewelry couriers on the 500 block of 17th Street in Santa Monica.
The robbers took a backpack containing between $300,000 - $400,000 worth of jewelry from two couriers, who had just driven from a store on Montana Avenue at about 4 p.m. on Tuesday.
Santa Monica police say one of the robbers was carrying a gun, and that they may have had an accomplice at the wheel of their getaway car.
Authorities said the robbers appeared to be in their 20s and 30s. One suspect was described as a Hispanic man between 5 feet 9 inches and 5 feet 11 inches tall with black hair, wearing a maroon hooded sweatshirt and a bandana around his face. The second suspect was described as a black male with a medium build, also wearing a hooded sweatshirt and a bandana around his face.
They took off in a dark colored compact vehicle.
robbery, santa monica, los angeles news
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery 58 min ago
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- Good Friday: Pope remembers those who suffer
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
6 min ago