Los Angeles News
Santa Monica couriers robbed of $300K-$400K in jewelry
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (KABC) -- A search is under way for two masked men who robbed jewelry couriers on the 500 block of 17th Street in Santa Monica.
The robbers took a backpack containing between $300,000 - $400,000 worth of jewelry from two couriers, who had just driven from a store on Montana Avenue at about 4 p.m. on Tuesday.
Santa Monica police say one of the robbers was carrying a gun, and that they may have had an accomplice at the wheel of their getaway car.
Authorities said the robbers appeared to be in their 20s and 30s. One suspect was described as a Hispanic man between 5 feet 9 inches and 5 feet 11 inches tall with black hair, wearing a maroon hooded sweatshirt and a bandana around his face. The second suspect was described as a black male with a medium build, also wearing a hooded sweatshirt and a bandana around his face.
They took off in a dark colored compact vehicle.
robbery, santa monica, los angeles news
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 6 min ago
- Chile earthquake: Magnitude-6.7 hits north coast
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians