Los Angeles News
Cameras catch West Covina gas station robbery; thief brutally attacks attendant
WEST COVINA, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities are asking for the public's help identifying the brazen robber who brutally attacked a gas station attendant during the hold up inside a Union 76 Gas Station located at 206 N. Vincent Avenue.
According to the West Covina Police Department, officers responded to the robbery on Sept. 23 at 6:08 p.m. When they arrived at the scene, they found the unidentified 50-year-old gas station attendant brutally battered with visible injuries on her face.
Officers say the suspect initially entered the gas station and asked the victim for cigarettes. As the victim turned towards the display, surveillance video captured the suspect entering the register area and demanding the victim to open the register with a knife.
"Before she could comply, the suspect begins striking the victim's face several times with his fist, and then again with the station telephone," according to the West Covina Police Department statement.
Once the woman opened the register for the robber, he removed a large amount of cash, and ordered the victim to get on the floor before taking off and fleeing northbound on Vincent Avenue.
Surveillance video shows the suspect pulling up to the gas station in a 1990's dark green car, possibly a Honda Accord with a sunroof and rear spoiler.
The suspect is described as a white male, between 30 and 40-years-old, 5 feet 8 inches to 5 feet 10 inches. He has blonde hair, a mustache, and a goatee. He was last seen wearing a baseball cap, dark colored short sleeve shirt, light colored pants, and dark sunglasses.
Anyone with information regarding the robbery is urged to call the West Covina Police Department at (626) 939-8688.
caught on tape, robbery, los angeles news
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Woman gives $500 to friend who's a single mom
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)