Los Angeles News
Beverly Hills High School soccer coach remembered
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (KABC) -- Students and faculty from Beverly Hills High School gathered Sunday to remember a beloved soccer coach who died suddenly of a heart attack.
Darren Davies was 30 years old when he passed away last week. He was the head trainer and an assistant coach with the boys' varsity team. Fellow coaches and players said Davies was a role model on and off the field.
The team has dedicated its upcoming season to Davies, saying they will try their best to win the championship this year.
school, los angeles news
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon 51 min ago
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary 24 min ago
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence 37 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker 58 min ago