Los Angeles News
Beverly Hills High School soccer coach remembered
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (KABC) -- Students and faculty from Beverly Hills High School gathered Sunday to remember a beloved soccer coach who died suddenly of a heart attack.
Darren Davies was 30 years old when he passed away last week. He was the head trainer and an assistant coach with the boys' varsity team. Fellow coaches and players said Davies was a role model on and off the field.
The team has dedicated its upcoming season to Davies, saying they will try their best to win the championship this year.
school, los angeles news
- Nurse stabbed at Sylmar hospital; 1 arrested
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role