Los Angeles News
Norwalk standoff ends with suspect in custody
NORWALK, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspect was taken into custody after a domestic violence call turned into a standoff in Norwalk on Monday morning.
Authorities responded to a domestic violence call at a house in the area of Norwalk Boulevard and Mapledale Street at about 2 a.m. When deputies approached the home, they heard the sound of someone chambering a shotgun and backed off.
A SWAT team responded to the scene. After a more than nine-hour standoff, a suspect was taken into custody. It was unclear how the barricade situation ended.
No shots had been fired, and no injuries were reported. The sheriff's department said the investigation is ongoing.
City News Service contributed to this report.
standoff, los angeles news
- Reseda shooting injures 2 on Canby Avenue 9 min ago
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE 35 min ago
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs 4 min ago
- Bejo's 'Past' character sometimes unlikeable
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
53 min ago