Los Angeles News
Norwalk standoff ends with suspect in custody
NORWALK, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspect was taken into custody after a domestic violence call turned into a standoff in Norwalk on Monday morning.
Authorities responded to a domestic violence call at a house in the area of Norwalk Boulevard and Mapledale Street at about 2 a.m. When deputies approached the home, they heard the sound of someone chambering a shotgun and backed off.
A SWAT team responded to the scene. After a more than nine-hour standoff, a suspect was taken into custody. It was unclear how the barricade situation ended.
No shots had been fired, and no injuries were reported. The sheriff's department said the investigation is ongoing.
City News Service contributed to this report.
standoff, los angeles news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 51 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Amber Alert issued for Long Beach boy 13 min ago
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Minnesota lawmaker apologizes for NBA tweet 12 min ago
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K 21 min ago
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years 26 min ago
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...