Los Angeles News
Woman sexually assaulted in Old Town Pasadena; police seek witnesses
PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- Police are asking for the public's help to track down a man who sexually assaulted a woman in Old Town Pasadena.
The attack happened in the area of Colorado Boulevard and Holly Street around 11:30 p.m. Saturday.
The victim said she was walking alone after leaving a bar when she was approached from behind by the suspect.
"She didn't see the person come up to her, but that male put a sharp object to her back," said Lt. Tracey Ibarra of the Pasadena Police Department.
Investigators said the suspect sexually assaulted the woman after forcibly taking her to Legge Alley, a passageway between Union and Holly streets. He then fled the alley on foot.
"She did believe that he had a weapon, so that's why she complied with his orders to follow him. She initially thought that maybe it was going to be a robbery or something other than the sexual assault," said Ibarra.
Police said they have extra patrols assigned to Old Town Pasadena on weekends and that it is unusual to have a sexual assault in the area.
"It always feels really safe here, so that kind of shocks me a little bit and kind of makes me a little on edge right now," said Pasadena resident Jessica Elle.
Authorities are hoping someone saw something that can help them catch the attacker. The suspect was described as a Hispanic male, between 30-40 years old, about 5 feet 8 inches tall, with a medium build. He was last seen wearing dark clothing.
Anyone with any information on the assault was urged to the Pasadena Police Department at (626) 744-4241.
pasadena, sex crimes, sexual assault, los angeles news, amy powell
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case 27 min ago
- Fontana suspect escapes from police station
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed
- Parents distracted by devices, study says 50 min ago
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...