Los Angeles News
2013 Rose Queen announced in Pasadena
PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- There was lots of excitement in Pasadena Tuesday as the Tournament of Roses announced the new 2013 Rose Queen.
Vanessa Natalie Manjarrez, a 17-year-old student at Mayfield Senior School in Pasadena, is the 95th Rose Queen.
This year's court was selected from nearly a thousand participants over month-long tryouts.
"I'm so honored and so thankful and gracious to be here, and I'm so excited," said Manjarrez. "It was something that all my friends and I were excited to do and we wanted to come and do it together. It's just been a crazy ride and it's been so much fun."
Queen Vanessa will receive her crown at the official coronation ceremony on October 25. She and her court will preside over 150 events leading up to the 124th Tournament of Roses Parade on New Year's Day.
pasadena, rose bowl, rose parade, los angeles news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster
- 15-yr-old arrested after assaulting IE senior
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour