Los Angeles News
2013 Rose Queen announced in Pasadena
PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- There was lots of excitement in Pasadena Tuesday as the Tournament of Roses announced the new 2013 Rose Queen.
Vanessa Natalie Manjarrez, a 17-year-old student at Mayfield Senior School in Pasadena, is the 95th Rose Queen.
This year's court was selected from nearly a thousand participants over month-long tryouts.
"I'm so honored and so thankful and gracious to be here, and I'm so excited," said Manjarrez. "It was something that all my friends and I were excited to do and we wanted to come and do it together. It's just been a crazy ride and it's been so much fun."
Queen Vanessa will receive her crown at the official coronation ceremony on October 25. She and her court will preside over 150 events leading up to the 124th Tournament of Roses Parade on New Year's Day.
pasadena, rose bowl, rose parade, los angeles news
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'