Los Angeles News
2013 Rose Queen announced in Pasadena
PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- There was lots of excitement in Pasadena Tuesday as the Tournament of Roses announced the new 2013 Rose Queen.
Vanessa Natalie Manjarrez, a 17-year-old student at Mayfield Senior School in Pasadena, is the 95th Rose Queen.
This year's court was selected from nearly a thousand participants over month-long tryouts.
"I'm so honored and so thankful and gracious to be here, and I'm so excited," said Manjarrez. "It was something that all my friends and I were excited to do and we wanted to come and do it together. It's just been a crazy ride and it's been so much fun."
Queen Vanessa will receive her crown at the official coronation ceremony on October 25. She and her court will preside over 150 events leading up to the 124th Tournament of Roses Parade on New Year's Day.
pasadena, rose bowl, rose parade, los angeles news
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash 15 min ago
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing 36 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Oxnard residents burglarize home 22 min ago
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder 40 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail 30 min ago
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan 46 min ago
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months