Los Angeles News
2013 Rose Queen announced in Pasadena
PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- There was lots of excitement in Pasadena Tuesday as the Tournament of Roses announced the new 2013 Rose Queen.
Vanessa Natalie Manjarrez, a 17-year-old student at Mayfield Senior School in Pasadena, is the 95th Rose Queen.
This year's court was selected from nearly a thousand participants over month-long tryouts.
"I'm so honored and so thankful and gracious to be here, and I'm so excited," said Manjarrez. "It was something that all my friends and I were excited to do and we wanted to come and do it together. It's just been a crazy ride and it's been so much fun."
Queen Vanessa will receive her crown at the official coronation ceremony on October 25. She and her court will preside over 150 events leading up to the 124th Tournament of Roses Parade on New Year's Day.
pasadena, rose bowl, rose parade, los angeles news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- 3 new Hollywood sex abuse lawsuits expected 53 min ago
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role