Los Angeles News
Armed suspect fatally shot by police in Van Nuys
VAN NUYS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- LAPD officers fatally shot an armed suspect in Van Nuys Thursday afternoon.
Police responded to a report of a man with a knife on the 13800 block of Oxnard Street in Van Nuys at about 1:30 p.m.
Initial reporting indicates the man was shot in the courtyard of an apartment complex.
The LAPD said a caller reported a man with an ax and knife was threatening workers at the complex.
The department said officers were talking with the man with the knife when they were confronted by another man with a gun. He was fatally shot by officers.
The incident was under investigation.
lapd, officer-involved shooting, los angeles news
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 42 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Coach pleads no contest to molesting girls
- LAPD crash: Funeral services announced
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book
- Lose weight playing video games, study says
26 min ago