Los Angeles News
Armed suspect fatally shot by police in Van Nuys
VAN NUYS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- LAPD officers fatally shot an armed suspect in Van Nuys Thursday afternoon.
Police responded to a report of a man with a knife on the 13800 block of Oxnard Street in Van Nuys at about 1:30 p.m.
Initial reporting indicates the man was shot in the courtyard of an apartment complex.
The LAPD said a caller reported a man with an ax and knife was threatening workers at the complex.
The department said officers were talking with the man with the knife when they were confronted by another man with a gun. He was fatally shot by officers.
The incident was under investigation.
lapd, officer-involved shooting, los angeles news
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption 37 min ago
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case 17 min ago
- 290 missing, 6 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster 35 min ago
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4 4 min ago
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar 36 min ago
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced 22 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels concerts