Los Angeles News
Molotov cocktail thrown at man in Long Beach
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A man has been hospitalized after getting hit by a Molotov cocktail and catching on fire in Long Beach.
Police confirmed with Eyewitness News that someone threw the firebomb at the man, who was at a market on Pacific Coast Highway near Pacific Avenue at about 11 p.m. Friday.
Authorities say the victim, a man in his 50s, was taken to a hospital, where he was in serious but stable condition with burns mostly to his lower extremities.
No arrests have been made.
If you have any information that can help investigators, you're asked to call Los Angeles County Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS or (800) 222-8477.
City News Service contributed to this report.
long beach, los angeles news
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke