Los Angeles News
Molotov cocktail thrown at man in Long Beach
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A man has been hospitalized after getting hit by a Molotov cocktail and catching on fire in Long Beach.
Police confirmed with Eyewitness News that someone threw the firebomb at the man, who was at a market on Pacific Coast Highway near Pacific Avenue at about 11 p.m. Friday.
Authorities say the victim, a man in his 50s, was taken to a hospital, where he was in serious but stable condition with burns mostly to his lower extremities.
No arrests have been made.
If you have any information that can help investigators, you're asked to call Los Angeles County Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS or (800) 222-8477.
City News Service contributed to this report.
long beach, los angeles news
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- OTRC: Stacy Keibler weds boyfriend Jared Pobre 56 min ago