Los Angeles News
LA sheriff's helicopter makes emergency landing in Lakewood
LAKEWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- A Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department helicopter made an emergency landing in a residential neighborhood in Lakewood on Sunday night.
The helicopter made the landing on East Del Amo Boulevard between Paramount Boulevard and Cherry Avenue around 9 p.m. Officials said the crew heard a loud noise and decided to land immediately as a precaution.
After landing, the crew found a bird had hit the cabin above the pilot canopy. After assessing the damage, the crew was able to fly the aircraft back to a sheriff's bureau.
No one was injured and there was no property damage caused by the landing.
los angeles county sheriff's department, los angeles news
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- Vehicle slams into tree, erupts in flames
- Hostilities erupt in Michael Jackson trial
- Torrance man sues over Dorner police shooting 35 min ago
- Cash in paper bag stolen in Altadena robbery
- Zuma Beach bus line launched from Thousand Oaks
- OC man convicted of estranged wife's shooting
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- 7-Eleven stores exploited immigrants - feds
- abcnews: $65K reward in '08 Times Square bombing
- Zimmerman attorneys pick 40 potential jurors
- Dave Chappelle to headline Funny or Die tour
- OTRC: Katy Perry: Russell Brand texted divorce plan