Los Angeles News
Lakewood police cars collide; no injuries
LAKEWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- Two police patrol cars sustained significant damage when they collided early Monday in Lakewood, officials said.
The crash happened at the intersection of Bellflower and Del Amo boulevards around midnight.
Two deputies, in separate squad cars, were responding to a 911 call about a man slashing tires and threatening people with a knife on Briercrest Avenue. When one of deputies stopped to figure out which way to turn, the other deputy rear-ended the cruiser.
Neither of the deputies was injured during the collision, but both cars were damaged.
car crash, accident, los angeles news
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption 1 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- Suspects approach women at UC Riverside dorm
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels concerts