Los Angeles News
Chino resident arrested for Santa Monica sexual assault
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Chino resident has been arrested in connection with the sexual assault of a female jogger on the beach in Santa Monica earlier this month.
Brandon Cross, 36, was arrested Wednesday after officers spotted him in the general area of the crime and determined he fit the description given by the victim.
According to authorities, Cross attacked the female victim during her early morning run near the 800 block of Palisades Beach Road on Oct. 10. The victim fought throughout the assault and was able to break free and run toward Pacific Coast Highway.
Cross was charged Friday with two counts of rape and one count each of attempted murder, sexual penetration with a foreign object, assault and resisting officers. He was being held on $1.35 million bail and a preliminary hearing was tentatively scheduled for Nov. 13.
Anyone else who may have been a victim or who has additional information about the suspect was urged to call the Santa Monica Police Department at (310) 458-8495.
sex crimes, sexual assault, santa monica, arrest, los angeles news
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director 40 min ago
- Vehicle slams into tree, erupts in flames
- Hostilities erupt in Michael Jackson trial
- Cash in paper bag stolen in Altadena robbery
- OC man convicted of estranged wife's shooting
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- San Jose sues MLB for stalling A's move
- 7-Eleven stores exploited immigrants - feds 51 min ago
- abcnews: $65K reward in '08 Times Square bombing
- Zimmerman attorneys pick 40 potential jurors 26 min ago
- Afghanistan gov. takes over its armed forces
- Dave Chappelle to headline Funny or Die tour
- OTRC: Katy Perry: Russell Brand texted divorce plan