Los Angeles News
Chino resident arrested for Santa Monica sexual assault
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Chino resident has been arrested in connection with the sexual assault of a female jogger on the beach in Santa Monica earlier this month.
Brandon Cross, 36, was arrested Wednesday after officers spotted him in the general area of the crime and determined he fit the description given by the victim.
According to authorities, Cross attacked the female victim during her early morning run near the 800 block of Palisades Beach Road on Oct. 10. The victim fought throughout the assault and was able to break free and run toward Pacific Coast Highway.
Cross was charged Friday with two counts of rape and one count each of attempted murder, sexual penetration with a foreign object, assault and resisting officers. He was being held on $1.35 million bail and a preliminary hearing was tentatively scheduled for Nov. 13.
Anyone else who may have been a victim or who has additional information about the suspect was urged to call the Santa Monica Police Department at (310) 458-8495.
sex crimes, sexual assault, santa monica, arrest, los angeles news
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet 44 min ago
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD 3 min ago
- LA family seeks justice after deputy shooting
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Arkansas tornadoes injure 5, damage homes
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'