Los Angeles News
Chino resident arrested for Santa Monica sexual assault
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Chino resident has been arrested in connection with the sexual assault of a female jogger on the beach in Santa Monica earlier this month.
Brandon Cross, 36, was arrested Wednesday after officers spotted him in the general area of the crime and determined he fit the description given by the victim.
According to authorities, Cross attacked the female victim during her early morning run near the 800 block of Palisades Beach Road on Oct. 10. The victim fought throughout the assault and was able to break free and run toward Pacific Coast Highway.
Cross was charged Friday with two counts of rape and one count each of attempted murder, sexual penetration with a foreign object, assault and resisting officers. He was being held on $1.35 million bail and a preliminary hearing was tentatively scheduled for Nov. 13.
Anyone else who may have been a victim or who has additional information about the suspect was urged to call the Santa Monica Police Department at (310) 458-8495.
sex crimes, sexual assault, santa monica, arrest, los angeles news
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants