Los Angeles News
Chino resident arrested for Santa Monica sexual assault
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Chino resident has been arrested in connection with the sexual assault of a female jogger on the beach in Santa Monica earlier this month.
Brandon Cross, 36, was arrested Wednesday after officers spotted him in the general area of the crime and determined he fit the description given by the victim.
According to authorities, Cross attacked the female victim during her early morning run near the 800 block of Palisades Beach Road on Oct. 10. The victim fought throughout the assault and was able to break free and run toward Pacific Coast Highway.
Cross was charged Friday with two counts of rape and one count each of attempted murder, sexual penetration with a foreign object, assault and resisting officers. He was being held on $1.35 million bail and a preliminary hearing was tentatively scheduled for Nov. 13.
Anyone else who may have been a victim or who has additional information about the suspect was urged to call the Santa Monica Police Department at (310) 458-8495.
sex crimes, sexual assault, santa monica, arrest, los angeles news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 4 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries 54 min ago
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught 29 min ago
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- Jenny McCarthy engaged to Donnie Wahlberg
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break
- Recycling used water in Orange County
51 min ago