Los Angeles News
LAUSD's Clover Elementary selected as Blue Ribbon School
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Westside Village's Clover Elementary School is set to receive educational and national designation.
The elementary in the Los Angeles Unified School District has been designated as a 2012 National Blue Ribbon School, the highest award an American school can receive.
The honor is given to public and private schools that are academically superior or that beat the odds by showing dramatic gains in student achievement.
"This recognition reflects excellent instruction, dedication and outstanding results," LAUSD Superintendent John Deasy said in a statement released Monday. "Clover Elementary School demonstrates one of the LAUSD's core beliefs: all children can learn, and in their case, excel."
Clover Avenue Elementary School, which serves nearly 550 students, will be recognized in a formal ceremony in Washington, D.C. next month.
"I would like to commend our dedicated community. We would not have received this honor without our teachers, staff, parents and community members consistently striving and working hard to integrate innovative programs at our school," said Clover Principal Sharon Fabian.
lausd, education, school, los angeles news
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery 19 min ago
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico 52 min ago
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- Good Friday: Pope remembers those who suffer
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Los Angeles Mission serves Good Friday meals
41 min ago