Los Angeles News
President Obama arrives in Los Angeles for quick visit
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- President Barack Obama was in Los Angeles on Wednesday evening for a visit that lasted less than three hours.
As part of a whirlwind one-day visit to four states, the president arrived at Los Angeles International Airport around 5:30 p.m. From there, he boarded a helicopter to Burbank, where he was scheduled to make an appearance on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno."
The visit marked the president's 13th to the Southland since he took office. Mr. Obama began his campaigning Wednesday at Davenport, Iowa, where he spoke at an event, then headed to Denver for another campaign speech. After Colorado, he flew to Los Angeles and later headed to Las Vegas for another campaign event featuring a free concert by pop singer Katy Perry.
The Las Vegas campaign event drew more than 10,000 people, according to fire officials and organizers.
The timing of Mr. Obama's visit to Southern California could tie up traffic for the evening commute. The Los Angeles Police Department issued a traffic advisory from 4:25 p.m. to 8:45 p.m. for streets around the airport and Burbank. On Thursday, first lady Michelle Obama was scheduled to be in Hollywood to tape "Jimmy Kimmel Live." Her visit could also cause traffic problems for commuters.
With less than two weeks until Election Day, Mr. Obama and his Republican opponent, Mitt Romney, have been hitting the campaign trail hard, focusing on battleground states and trying to make their last-minute pitch to undecided voters.
Meantime, Donald Trump, a Romney supporter, is stepping into the ring to sway voters. Trump announced on Wednesday that he would give Mr. Obama $5 million to give to a charity if the president reveals his college transcripts and a copy of his passport.
democratic party, president barack obama, election, los angeles news
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully 11 min ago
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)