Los Angeles News
LAPD party patrol car aims to crack down on crimes in San Fernando Valley
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles police are cracking down on crime at parties in part of the San Fernando Valley.
A special patrol unit will be on duty every weekend through the end of the year in the Mission area, according to the LAPD's Mission Community Police Station.
The dedicated unit will respond to large parties in an effort to prevent gang activity, drug-use and violence.
Police said they received nearly 5,000 calls last year about party disturbances after 10 p.m. in the northeast San Fernando Valley.
Just recently, three men were stabbed at a party in Sylmar. Neighbors say they're glad the "party car" is being funded.
san fernando valley, lapd, los angeles news
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter 52 min ago
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Laughing can improve memory 17 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 21 min ago
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour