Los Angeles News
LAPD party patrol car aims to crack down on crimes in San Fernando Valley
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles police are cracking down on crime at parties in part of the San Fernando Valley.
A special patrol unit will be on duty every weekend through the end of the year in the Mission area, according to the LAPD's Mission Community Police Station.
The dedicated unit will respond to large parties in an effort to prevent gang activity, drug-use and violence.
Police said they received nearly 5,000 calls last year about party disturbances after 10 p.m. in the northeast San Fernando Valley.
Just recently, three men were stabbed at a party in Sylmar. Neighbors say they're glad the "party car" is being funded.
san fernando valley, lapd, los angeles news
- Fewer travelers expected Memorial Day weekend
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross 23 min ago
- Disneyland holding Monstrous 'All-Nighter'
- 405 North crash, fuel spill snarls traffic
- Fatal S. LA drive-by shooting suspects sought 21 min ago
- LA gang activity coordinated from Kansas home
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city
- Covered California announces 13 health plans
- NASA wants astronauts on asteroid by 2021
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge 11 min ago
- OTRC: 'Hangover 3,' 'Fast & Furious 6' film reviews