Los Angeles News
LAPD party patrol car aims to crack down on crimes in San Fernando Valley
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles police are cracking down on crime at parties in part of the San Fernando Valley.
A special patrol unit will be on duty every weekend through the end of the year in the Mission area, according to the LAPD's Mission Community Police Station.
The dedicated unit will respond to large parties in an effort to prevent gang activity, drug-use and violence.
Police said they received nearly 5,000 calls last year about party disturbances after 10 p.m. in the northeast San Fernando Valley.
Just recently, three men were stabbed at a party in Sylmar. Neighbors say they're glad the "party car" is being funded.
san fernando valley, lapd, los angeles news
- Authorities investigate body found in Laguna Hills
- Man burned in fire at Long Beach VA Hospital
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Canoga Park 10 min ago
- 24 students arrested in school drug ring case 18 min ago
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Newtown priest speaks out on shooting
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
14 min ago