Los Angeles News
LAPD party patrol car aims to crack down on crimes in San Fernando Valley
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles police are cracking down on crime at parties in part of the San Fernando Valley.
A special patrol unit will be on duty every weekend through the end of the year in the Mission area, according to the LAPD's Mission Community Police Station.
The dedicated unit will respond to large parties in an effort to prevent gang activity, drug-use and violence.
Police said they received nearly 5,000 calls last year about party disturbances after 10 p.m. in the northeast San Fernando Valley.
Just recently, three men were stabbed at a party in Sylmar. Neighbors say they're glad the "party car" is being funded.
san fernando valley, lapd, los angeles news
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa. 2 min ago
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC 54 min ago
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing
- Norwood pleads not guilty to weapons charge
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2 53 min ago
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets 50 min ago
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper 51 min ago
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors