Los Angeles News
Man beats senior citizen on bus over comment
VALENCIA, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities say a man beat and kicked a senior citizen on a public bus because the victim criticized him for being rude to a woman passenger. The elderly victim survived. Police consider the suspect very dangerous.
Bernhardt Darko, 28, is accused of brutally beating an elderly man on a Santa Clarita bus October 5. Detectives say the suspect rudely cut in front of a female passenger to get on the bus as she was getting off. They say the elderly victim politely asked Darko to show more respect.
"The victim defending the female's honor made a statement, a verbal statement, toward the suspect regarding politeness," said L.A. County Sheriff's Deputy Joshua Dubin.
Investigators say Darko screamed at the elderly man and launched into him with multiple blows.
"The suspect during the violent attack head-butted the victim, struck the victim in the face with his fist, and kicked him in the face repeatedly," said Dubin. "After the violent attack took place, the suspect fled the scene but continued his rage, walked around the bus, head-butted the window of the bus from the outside three more times to intimidate the victim."
Authorities say the victim was treated for numerous bloody bumps and bruises and was released from the hospital.
Police are actively seeking Darko. He is considered violent and dangerous. Anyone with information related to the case should contact Los Angeles Regional County Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
los angeles news, leo stallworth
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large 46 min ago
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
- Cold snap moving across Southern California 18 min ago
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle 9 min ago
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked
- Oscar Isaac can relate to 'Llewyn Davis'
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
21 min ago